Many of us living in the UAE miss the wintery weather and snowy the beautiful snowy scenes. Therefore, many UAE residents tend to travel to colder destinations during this time of the year to enjoy skiing and live the feeling of cold weather! So if you’re traveling to a snowy destination or simply decided to stick around and enjoy Ski Dubai, here are some quick and easy 7 tips to shoot amazing winter photos with your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
iPhone 7 Photo tips for taking winter photos:
1) During snowy weather, it’s really hard to take your hands out of your gloves to take a picture. All you need to do is ask Siri to help you, saying “Hey Siri, take a photo” to launch your camera then use the volume button to take the photo.
2) Turn on Live Photos which are now sharable on Instagram and Facebook, to record your beautiful moments in movements and sound.
3) When using Portrait mode, pay attention to the guide that tells you if you need more light in the shot.
4) In Portrait mode, try using sufficient natural light.
5) As the snow is so bright, you run the risk to underexpose your image, so we recommend to adjust the exposure.
6) Time-lapse and slo-mo can bring snow ball fights or snowy scenes to life – like this Timelapse video shot recently by Tristan Pope: https://www.facebook.com/tristanpope/videos/10154284124083602/
7) We used to worry about a splash or snowflake to damage our iPhone. Now with iPhone 7, there’s no need to worry as it’s water resistant!
Tips and examples from photographers:
Red fox, rescued and brought to Earthfire Institute, Idaho, shot on iPhone 7 Plus using Portrait mode (Instagram: @moneal)
Lumberland, New York shot on iPhone 7 Plus by Noah Kalina (Instagram: @noahkalina)
Shot iPhone 7, using Olloclip attachable lens (Instagram: @jeffgoodman1)