250 grams soba noodles
1/2 head shredded red cabbage
1-2 yellow bell peppers sliced thinly
3 whole scallions chopped
1 carrot sliced thinly on a mandolin or with a peeler
1 jalapeño chopped (de-seeded for a less spicy version)
1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped (keep some aside for garnish)
3 tbsp. toasted black sesame seeds to garnish
4 tbsp. toasted sliced almonds to garnish
Optional add-ins: green beans, snap peas, bean
2 tbsp. fresh chopped ginger
2 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sunflower oil (or any neutral oil you prefer)
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. dark brown sugar
2 limes zest and juiced
Pinch of salt
1. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a large bowl until combined.
2. Add the vegetables to the dressing and let sit. Meanwhile bring water to a boil in a large pot and add the soba noodles.
3. Cook for about 3 minutes and remove immediately from the heat (they can overcook quite quickly). Strain the water and rinse the noodles under cold water.
4. Add noodles to the bowl with vegetables and dressing. Mix thoroughly until combined using tongs.
5. Garnish with a generous helping of cilantro, sesame seeds and almonds.