Prawns — 500g
Onion — 1 ( large, finely chopped)
Green chillies — 2 (slit lengthwise)
Curry leaves — 15 (3 sprigs)
Chilli powder — 1.5tsp
Turmeric powder — 1tsp
Coriander powder — 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste — 2 tsp
Lemon juice — 3 tsp
Ghee (clarified butter) — 1 tbsp
Sugar — 1tsp
Salt — to taste
1. Marinate the cleaned prawns with salt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, chilli, turmeric and coriander powder and let it rest for 20mins.
2. In a pan, heat oil, add the curry leaves and let them splutter.
3. Add the finely chopped onion and fry until softened slightly, throw in the prawns.
4. When they are done half way, add sugar and adjust salt as per taste. Since they were marinated with lemon juice, the prawns will cook quickly.
6. When done, turn off the heat and serve with bread or rice.
Recipie by Rupal